growth

Monday, September 3, 2007







Apparently, there are people the world over that can make things grow. Help things grow. Whatever.

I'm not one of them.

Every houseplant that I have ever been given, along with the promise of "you can't kill these. really," I killed. Every houseplant that I decided to purchase in a moment of good resolve (I'm going to pay attention to this tree, really! I'm going to water it and, well, that's all you really need to do, right?) I killed.

Fortunately, I'm not in charge of feeding a family from the fruit of the ground or anything like that. But I do so enjoy it when others have grown things...things beautiful, things edible, things both beautiful and edible. Because then I get to take pictures of them!! And eat them (have you tasted tomatoes right off the vine lately? you should).

No comments: