on my way home

Friday, April 11, 2008

I think perhaps this leaf hurled itself at the thorny branch sometime last November, and has been holding on in a death grip ever since.


I have a mild obsession with dried flowers…this teeny guy was swaying in the wind, but I really love the soft dreamy quality of the image that resulted.


This green is one of my favorite colors…the green of new leaves buried in the middle of the bare grey trees of early spring.


from above, these blue beauties just looked rather sad. getting down in the dirt next to them showed their brilliant color against the green grass and made all the difference.



I saw my first robin this week on one of my walks home after work. The crocus are in bloom all over, and I'm looking forward to seeing tulips everywhere! I feel like so many other blogs I've been reading have already had their spring…so I'm glad it's finally hitting upstate new york. Though fall is my favorite season by far, I do love the newness of spring…and all those "re" words that go along with it: renew, refresh, rejuvenate, restore, regenerate…

5 comments:

Victoria said...

I LOVE the blue. And the leaf holding onto the thorn (or is it the other way around) all through the winds of winter - there's got to be a message there somewhere! LOVE your work!

Dave said...

Very talented. No?

crisco said...

We've had robbins for weeks. I think they're eating my grass seed. What are those little blue flowers? I just mowed over a whole patch of them yesterday.

Victoria said...

Again - your brother and Dave - two peas in a pod!

becky said...

OYE!

Anyway, Jen...Spring is a wonderful time and it's nice living here in VA where it has come sooner...however that means the allergies come earlier and boy they are hitting hard this season...

Oh...and we had a great thuderstorm here last night! Had to think of you for a minute and how much you love the rain! I love thunderstorms...it was a doozy!