strawberry lemonade & tulips

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Apparently, daily blogging just isn't part of who I am. I just plain forget all about it some days, with all of life that is happening.

Today, I thought I'd share my "recipe" for strawberry lemonade. It's that much more enjoyable if your sweetie has purchased some lovely pink tulips for you. Heck, buy the tulips yourself, for that matter…that'll work just as well.


Okay, strawberry lemonade. I made this based on a vague memory of a Rachel Ray 30-minute meals episode I saw a while back, so you can probably find a real recipe if you want to look for it instead of winging it along with me!


7 or 8 ripe strawberries
4 lemons (fresh picked off your own tree is optional, but not necessary)
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup water
plus more water & ice

Dump the 1/3 cup sugar & 1/3 cup water in a small saucepan over medium heat, and stir it until it dissolves. let it cool. (they call it simple syrup on the food network.)

Juice those lemons!

Smash those strawberries! (I used a potato masher)

Put the strawberries in the bottom of your pitcher, add your lemon juice, some ice and water till your pitcher is mostly full.

Taste, then start adding the sugar water until it's as sweet as you want it. I like mine tart, so didn't use all of the syrup…if you like your drinks sweet, you may want to make more to begin with. Add more water as desired. It's far from an exact formula. I have a small pitcher, so this made only about 4 tall-glass servings for me.

Pour yourself a glass and think about sunshine!

2 comments:

Jenny @ Words on Wendhurst said...

mmm. This sounds delicious :-) only 34 days till spring! :-)

Dave said...

It's already spring here!!!