checking in

Friday, July 12, 2013

This is not an abandoned blog. It may have appeared to be an abandoned blog for the past many moons, but it isn't. It still lives on in my mind, but has been beaten to the punch by that social media giant for quite a while now.

I've been having a good time, shooting a variety of fun things…parties and families and soon-to-be-mamas-again. So here's a sampling. Just to tide you over. Until I get my brain back to this space.

This is a shot I snapped quick as we headed down to the water for the "real" photo session. And it's one of my favorites of the whole deal.

My good friend is about to have a baby. And I just moved away and won't get to meet her. I'm so bummed about the timing, but so glad I got to do one last photoshoot with her and her family. She is the one who got me started again after our big move to California.

Another good friend is an amazing party planner. She may very well be the only reason I get blog traffic anymore, as each time one of her parties that I've photographed shows up on a party website, she's linked to me to credit me for the photos. I almost feel like it's cheating, since she makes it so easy to get good shots. I think I'll do a whole blog post on Miss Party Mom sometime soon.



Another friend just recently welcomed her husband home after a year overseas. Girls like her are my heroes…living gracefully and fully while a part of her is missing. I still need to edit the rest of her photos of them and their sweet kiddos. My last shoot on the central coast. I will miss it much!



Another Miss Party Mom party…I just loved this table she designed and her husband created. Her son is a huge Peter Pan fan, and she transformed her whole back yard into Neverland for his 4th birthday!


Combine another MPM party with my good friend above who's about to have a baby, and here's the gender reveal party…


And here's a shot I got today at the Grand Canyon. I know. It's not of the canyon. But I really love skeletal trees. Wanted to make sure there's still a bit of "just jen" in this post :)

3 comments:

Jenny @ Words on Wendhurst said...

Yay for a blog post! Love all your pictures - the military family made me tear up - that's an awesome pic. Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures, and having you back on this side of the country! :)

Anonymous said...

Glad to see words & images here again. Love your voice and eye through photos. Love this connection with you.
Andrea

Eralel83 said...

Yay! Glad you're back! I have always loved your posts and photography.