first frost

Monday, November 12, 2007

I'm glad I am forced to be up early at least one day a week. It's such a peaceful thing to be up before most of the rest of the city…and it doesn't happen often with me!

Early on Sunday I drove past a magical fog on the Erie canal on my way to church. Frost had covered everything in the night, and sharply defined each blade of grass and stalk of underbrush all along the roadsides. The trees had blanketed the ground with color on top of the frost. I had to scrape off my windshield for the first time this season.

I know way more people who groan at the first frost than welcome it. But I love the changing of the seasons. Each has its own attraction for me. And I just wish I had my camera and some time yesterday morning so I could share it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen! I love the beauty of all the seasons.